[Marketing] The End of Sugar (thought exercise)

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:44:56 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 10:31 AM, Samuel Greenfeld <samuel at greenfeld.org>
wrote:

> I don't see promoting strengths as mutually exclusive with researching
> weaknesses.

I don't see the correlation between your questions and researching
weaknesses.

> But Sugar's crusade reminds me a lot of Les Miserables.  Being too
> insistent on ideals may cause others to abandon their support.

That is a fair comparison. But as I tried to make clear, this is my
perspective on the project. There are many people on the ground that just
want to use the tools. They have different motivations/goals.

> Perhaps we should ask marketing to do a SWOT (Strengths Weaknesses
> Opportunities Threats) analysis.  However we might not have enough funds
> for more than an online survey of current/past users and indirect friends
> of the project.

I recall we went through such an exercise a few years back...  we should do
it again.

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs