[Marketing] [IAEP] 172 XO-1s for $24 each (+ freight) $4, 000 total

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:09:18 EDT 2016

Dropping everyone but SL Marketing from a marketing discussion.

A strong brand is a differentiator, which practices exclusion. This might
seem contradictory for a free libre open source software project, but then
again, most such projects have feeble marketing. For anyone to adopt a
brand, they have to feel close to it and know what it stands for, what it
is and what it definitely is not. Brand dilution means the vision of the
brand losing focus, applying its values to products, services or ideas
outside its core association. Brand owners often try to extend a brand,
since the rewards can be substantial. However more often than not a diluted
brand loses its power and is considered has-been, irrelevant or worthless.

Sean.