[Marketing] [IAEP] 172 XO-1s for $24 each (+ freight) $4, 000 total

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Jun 14 09:38:25 EDT 2016

On 14 June 2016 at 09:16, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 2:03 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>>
>> > That color combination has been very widely copied, even today.
>>
>> I think the amount of copying ought to be seen as a metrics of success
>> for a brand.
>
> Sure, except it dilutes the brand.

I am asserting that this dilution is a positive outcome - in the age
of cheap social media and memes, brands don't have control as they did
in the age of expensive mass media; and per the medium is the message
and all that, the new media environment changes the value of the
outcomes. A brand that is not being diluted is stale, rigid, dying.

>> > which is why I invested in the SL branded memory sticks
>
> At the time everyone clamored for several, to be
> distributed at conferences and such.

How much did you/we sell them for?

> This was over six years ago, so I probably wouldn't recommend the same
> supplier, better to start from scratch, especially since the payment to them
> was delayed at the time - if they remember our small order, it may not be
> fondly. The key criteria in my choice was that they were willing to do
> several color variants in the tiny run of 100 sticks, as a favor if we would
> bring subsequent business,

Cool :)

> which in the end didn't happen.

Yikes - why not?

>> > and had the beauty shots created at the time.
>>
>> Where are these located? :)
>
> wiki
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Booth_Banners
>
> see for example: