[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] Smart way to get $$ for posting videos on youtube

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Fri Jun 3 11:17:20 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> Adam, please could you confirm with Conservancy that we can set up
> adsense and youtube advertising accounts to raise revenue?

I don't see why not, if there is a genuine consensus to move forward here?
But most important who will manage these and how?

If we have an organized/near-definitive proposal (preferably approved by
Oversight Board, or similar) for how Sugar Labs wants to move forward, then
I will approach SFConservancy on any final required mechanics here.

Karen Sandler (SFC Exec Director) and her team are currently researching
how SL can get a donation button for SL (presumably using PayPal) much like
http://sfconservancy.org/donate/ and helping get Samson Goddy's Yoruba
translation contract organized, among a quite number of other SL financial
+ legal requests at this time, so we really please need to be understanding
to avoid sending them trial balloons, doing our own due diligence first,
Thanks all!

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !