[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] Smart way to get $$ for posting videos on youtube

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Jun 3 10:17:40 EDT 2016

On 3 June 2016 at 07:39, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> Virtual all of the money raised so far by Sugar Labs has been in targeted
> requests: Trip Advisor, Gould, Nokia (never signed)... I think there is lots
> of evidence that these focused approaches are effective. Is that not
> evidence in support of Sean's assertion, or am I misinterpreting something?

We're not talking about 'actively' raising funds by approaching a
single large donor as a sales operation; we're talking about raising
funds from 'passive' mass audience donors as a marketing operation.

Generating funds indirectly by serving ads on videos that click
through to the advertiser's funnels will generate $X, and generating
funds directly by serving ads to click through to our own funnels will
generate $Y.

I'm not saying if $X or $Y is greater; I am saying that we don't know
which is greater, and Samson will learn a lot by trying to maximize
the revenue of both.