[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] Fwd: GSoC 2016 Website Redesign

Sanchit Bansal sanchit.bansal_ug18 at ashoka.edu.in
Tue Apr 19 14:44:17 EDT 2016

Hello

On 18 April 2016 at 18:21, Sam P. <sam at sam.today> wrote:

> Content is genuinely the most important.  No matter how nice your design is,
> no new visitor will be able to get what sugarlabs is by looking at your
> site - it simply doesn't say it!

Sure Sam , I will take this into consideration an work on this. Thanks a
ton for this feedback. Also I will try to fill the content and get it
approved by you guys again.

 What color schemes would you prefer to use on Sugar Lab’s websites?

The current websites have a wide variety of color schemes; a same color
> scheme on all websites may look nicer.
>

> Do you prefer a particular CMS? WordPress? Drupal? Joomla?

I will take your  feedback for these questions too .

Also, I think 22nd is the date the projects are released, But I want to
work on this irrespective of what happens. So What are the next steps that
I should take and can someone assist me here please ?

Thanks a ton guys , I love you

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> Developer discussion about SL brand identity.
>
> Hopefully the MIT Sloan conclusions will be taken into account

> From: Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com>
> Date: Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 12:37 AM
> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] GSoC 2016 Website Redesign
> To: Juan Carlos Murillo <jcmurillot63 at gmail.com>
> Cc: sugar-devel <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>
>

> Hi
>
> On 18 April 2016 at 15:04, Juan Carlos Murillo <jcmurillot63 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> In addition to Sugar Labs main webpage, Wiki, Planet, and the Translation
>> webpages, which other websites do you think will need to be redesigned?
>>

> I would prioritize/order them as: homepage, activities.sugarlabs.org,
> wiki, lists, planet, translations, bugs
>
> Which Sugar Lab’s logo color is going to be adopted: orange, green or
>> blue?
>>

> As I understand it - might be wrong - there isn't a single colour; the
> brand guidelines specify that a range of colors are used in a consistent
> pattern, and the brand identity is in the pattern.
>
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Logo
>
> However, I think if there was to be one color, it would be the bright
> green ones (to match the bright green of the XOs)
>
> What color schemes would you prefer to use on Sugar Lab’s websites?
>>

> I think it would be good to use a material design scheme, with a the grey
> scheme as primary, and the light green scheme as secondary.
>

>> The current websites have a wide variety of color schemes; a same color
>> scheme on all websites may look nicer.
>>

> I agree
>

>> Do you prefer a particular CMS? WordPress? Drupal? Joomla?
>>

> I think the existing CMS for each site are fine:
>
> homepage, jeykll (https://github.com/sugarlabs/www-sugarlabs)
>
> activities.sugarlabs.org, mozilla addons
>
> wiki, mediawiki
>
> lists, mailman2
>
> planet, planet
>
> translations, pootle
>
> bugs, trac
>
> --
> Cheers
> Dave

Regards

*"Per aspera ad astra"*

*Sanchit Bansal*

First Year Undergraduate | Class of 2018

M +91 8222940537 | sanchit.bansal_ug18 at ashoka.edu.in | www.sanchitbansal.xyz

CAMPUS Plot No. 2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City, Kundli, NCR

[image: Inline image 1]

*Notice*: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in
this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If
you have received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or
telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any
attachments.