[Marketing] Homepage link errors

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Fri Apr 1 10:39:58 EDT 2016

Hi

Sam, sorry I missed your fork and PR, I didn't look so closely =) I agree
that a static list would be the most simple thing. Currently I see the
activities section contents is generated by a Jeykll plugin, but this will
not work if we migrate the homepage hosting to pages.github.org (which I
recommend.)

Does anyone support or object to hosting the sl.o homepage on
pages.github.org?

Walter, I'd like to request you take the following 3 actions which should
only require 5 mins max :)

1, merge sam's PR 12 (https://github.com/walterbender/www-sugarlabs/pull/12)
to bring your master branch up to date

2, transfer the www-sugarlabs repo from your username to the sugarlabs org
(at the bottom of https://github.com/walterbender/www-sugarlabs/settings)

3, invite me (davelab6) as a member to the org,
https://github.com/orgs/sugarlabs/invitations/new

Cheers
Dave

On 1 April 2016 at 01:58, Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.  The production website is contained in my fork:
> https://github.com/samdroid-apps/www-sugarlabs
>
> Currently the activities list is generated from the now dead "ASLO2"
> dataset.  We need to fix this.  Maybe it could be replaced with a static
> list?
>
> Any contributions are welcome.  I'll add it to my todo list, but anybody
> can probably beat me to it.
>

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
> wrote:
>
> I think Sam Parkinson  (inc cc) is owner of activities-2 -
>
> Also - Thank you for findig https://github.com/walterbender/www-sugarlabs
> . Perhaps we should create it under https://github.com/sugarlabs .
>
> Regards,
> Sebastian
>
> On 31/03/16 22:37, Dave Crossland wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> On https://www.sugarlabs.org today the activities section links all point
> to activities-2.sugarlabs.org and this is down, showing this error:
>
> 502 Bad Gateway
>

> nginx/1.8.1
>

> Eg
>
> https://activities-2.sugarlabs.org/view/org.laptop.community.Numbers -
>

> Replacing activities-2 with activities-2 also doesn't work, as it
> redirects to
>

> https://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/view/org.laptop.MeasureActivity
>

> When the correct URL is
>
> https://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4336
>

> Where is the source to the live website hosted? I found
> <https://github.com/walterbender/www-sugarlabs>
> https://github.com/walterbender/www-sugarlabs but it hasn't been updated
> for over a year... :)
>
> --