[Marketing] [IAEP] Virtual Summits

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 23:21:50 EDT 2014

Hi Folks,
For me, nothing beats real FTF contact with folks you have only met online and old friends from prior conferences. The SF Summit is a high point of the year for many  of us. The get-together at SCaLE12x in Los Angeles this past January was also fun and very productive.
That said… some people cannot afford the time or cost of travel to a live summit. Perhaps a "blended" FTF and Virtual Summit is the answer. Live feeds of all sessions could be provided along with recordings to be viewed later (OLPC France did a great job with this recently). Some presenters could be located elsewhere and  their sessions shown in a meeting room via Google Hangout or Skype. This was done last year in SF with a blended panel… some people at the conference, others present virtually.
Maybe we can get a team of interested folks to make this happen… perhaps more than once in a year! Time zone differences are always a challenge with things like this, but that can be worked out.
Caryl