[Marketing] Youtube channel

Ron Feigenblatt docdtv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 19:03:35 EST 2014

Hello,

On 1/8/14, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you seen this one:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm5VdvRMvo4&feature=youtu.be
>
>> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 2:10 AM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> With the beginning of the new year, I'd like to (re)propose that
>>> Sugarlabs have a YouTube channel to highlight both screencapture style
>>> snippets and short interviews of users and developers of Sugar.
>>>
>>> Youtube is the largest video site out there. It only helps to be visible
>>> on it.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Sameer

I am with you 100% Sameer. "Publish YouTube videos" was practically
the first thing I
wrote to Sean when I touched based with him years ago. And after it
embraced an OS
codec, his one objection was removed.

YouTube doesn't do speech recognition well on the video Walter cites.
But it does let
one automatically translate such "automatic captioning" to the
language of one's choice.
I hope by now it also supports likewise translation of any .srt
caption file one provides, too.
Automatic language translation is another reason to favor YouTube over
similar sites today.

Ron