[Marketing] Fwd: [Sugar-devel] Sugarized the word: time to go ahead

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sun Jan 5 20:48:16 EST 2014

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this project. I am also actively
looking for HTML5 developers who can help port existing activities and
create newer ones. At a recent event at my daughter's school (some
detail here: http://www.olpcsf.org/node/202), I was very impressed at
the workflow Scratch has:

1) It runs in a browser (Flash needed, but HTML5 version is on the
way, I'm told). No installation required.
2) Create an account to store Scratch projects and be able to
share/reshare with others worldwide.

I think if Sugar got to a point where these features were made
available on the web, it would help in getting the visibility of Sugar
beyond the XO. Of course, we will only get to those who are already on
the Web, but that's where the portability of HTML5 on Android (or
Firefox OS or ChromeOS) comes in. I've tried Lionel's Sugarizer app on
an Android tablet as well and I am quite impressed.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.