[Marketing] interesting take on Raspberry Pi from founders: not enough kids using it!

Ron Feigenblatt docdtv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 22:12:49 EDT 2013

On 10/8/13, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure why they are surprised. It is a fine platform for hobbyists
> and the Maker crowd. But not kids. The bar is too high.
>
> -walter

I always thought the project was driven by guys who (subconsciously?)
wanted to relive their youth. But "one can never step into the same
river twice." Today, kids in the UK have plenty of powerful digital
hardware already. There was no reason they couldn't have been given
suitably simplified virtual machines, backed by lots of interactive
aids, to learn about programming. But it's the very success of cheap
digital gadgets which provides so many fun alternatives to coding.

Ron