[Marketing] upcoming PR for Turtle Art Days

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:34:53 EDT 2013

Walter & I communicated on #sugar the other day and firmed up plans for a
press release this coming Tuesday, Oct. 15.

Reminder, Turtle Art Day Paraguay will happen this Saturday the 12th
followed by Uruguay the 15th, then Malacca, Malaysia, in November.

In my view, an Activity angle is a safe bet In our current context of
exploring Sugar's future. There's an opportunity to reinforce Sugar's
long-term pedagogical credentials.

There will be a LatAm focus this time. Walter will assist finding a Spanish
translator while in PY. The idea is to try for media coverage in Uruguay
and elsewhere in LatAm, building on our excellent coverage there last time
(and zero coverage on other continents), and hopefully with a great visual
from Saturday's Paraguay event.

I have liaised with eReleases (we will include the Hispanic Wire category)
and reached out to Christian about updating the press page sometime on
Monday.

Absolute deadline is noon EST Monday, however I hope to finalize the copy
Sunday afternoon or evening (Walter & others will be at PY hackfest) to
give time for the translator and Christian.

I'll advise as soon as a draft is available. Help appreciated!

thanks