[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] different perspectives

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 09:23:24 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:56 AM, David Farning
<dfarning at activitycentral.com>wrote:

> The highest rate of progress happens when the parties focus on getting
> ahead of the other guys rather then when they focus on holding others
> back. Progress tends to stop when one party gets so far ahead that it
> is not worth it for others to compete.

I don't disagree, but I would qualify that: The highest rate of progress
happens when the parties focus on getting ahead of the other guys by
changing the game. This is why I maintain that GNU/Linux distros
considering each other as competitors is pointless at the end of the day
when 92% or so of the desktop/laptop market is running MS Windows.