[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] RFC: Make Sugar 0.102 = Sugar 1.0[ Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 61, Issue 43]

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Thu Nov 7 17:33:54 EST 2013

In hind sight...

The gtk2 -> gtk3 would have benefited from a major version change. At
the time, I didn't realized it. From a deployment perspective the
shift represented a major change. In addition to the base software,
all of the necessary activities needed to be migrated, QAed, and
verified if the deployment wanted a consistent user experience across
all activities.

>From a deployment perspective, it might be valuable to denote the next
major API change/upgrade (web activities) with a major version bump to
clearly indicate to users and deployers that web actives are complete
in version X.

FWIW, this is a departure, learned the hard way, from my preference
for time base number as used by Ubuntu.

David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com