[Marketing] sugarlabs.org redesign

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 16:55:56 EST 2013

Hi Daniel, we had a volunteer who came to the project to work on that, but
he gave up because of the lack of technical resources to assist - we asked
for help and no one was able to.

I don't know anything about a git repository, or even if that would be
useful for what we need to do, but Christian Marc Schmidt who designed the
existing site worked out templates for the new site and has I believe
briefed Walter with a sandbox instance.

A marketing study[1] done by MIT Sloan MarketLab students made excellent
recommendations, but as on several previous occasions, our requests to the
community for usable images/videos elicited little or no response.

We could certainly create new images from scratch, but there's no budget
for that.

The larger problem is the absence of a marketing strategy, we need to know
where we are going to communicate effectively. In particular, we need to
choose and implement how to offer Sugar tryout to teachers and journalists.

Sean

1.http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team, see section MIT Sloan
MarketLab Study