[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Tech roadmap

David Farning dfarning at activitycentral.com
Wed Nov 6 20:05:45 EST 2013

Please see the link at the bottom left of http://dextrose.ac/platform/
for the Sugar on Ubuntu images which Activity Central and Plan Ceibal
are jointly developing.

For stability it is based on Ubuntu 12.04 and Sugar .98. The testing
is done on classmate to meet Plan Ceibal's specifications. I should
work equally well on any machine that boots Ubuntu.

It is currently is small scale testing by a couple hundred teachers.
When the image meets Ceibal's quality standards the pilot will scale
to approximately 10,000 units for wider testing.

For more information, I have CC Anish Mangal, the project owner (agile
speak) and Ruben Rodriguez the lead developer. Ruben has the strongest
back ground on the technical issues involved in the port. Anish has
the deepest understanding of timelines and objectives.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 November 2013 16:20, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:
>>

>> > Classmates are basically just x86 netbooks, I've not tried it as I
>> > don't have HW but I don't see any reason they shouldn't work OOTB.
>>
>> Yep. Sugar is running in classmates out of the box.  In Uruguay for
>> example.
>

> You mean people are using them in Uruguay deployments? Which distro?

David Farning
Activity Central: http://www.activitycentral.com