[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [Sur] Sugar oversight board meeting

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Nov 4 21:46:31 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 04:40:51PM -0800, Thomas Gilliard wrote:

> On 11/4/2013 4:17 PM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
>
>     On 4 November 2013 23:05, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>         Sugar on Android or the Raspberry Pi might have an interesting
>         marketing effect but the result would be truly terrible as it would be
>         essentially unusable and have a terrible experience.
>

>     Can you elaborate on why you think it would be a terrible experience on the
>     Raspberry Pi? I never tested it there, I was just hoping it could be a nice
>     target...
>

> Look at these older tests of sugar on the RPi:
>    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Testing/Reports/ARM_RPi
>
> This part of the Advanced topics wiki page on the sugarlabs wiki:
>  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Creation_Kit/sck/Advanced_Topics#ARM
>
> Tom Gilliard

I could not find any evidence of user experience testing, or
performance evaluation, in the two links you gave.  Did you give the
right ones?

I agree with Peter, I don't think it will perform well, but I don't
know in what way it won't perform well, so I can't guess where effort
would have to be spent to fix it.

(especially in comparison to an XO-1)

--
James Cameron