[Marketing] Laptop computers in K-12 (sic.) education

Ron Feigenblatt docdtv at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:04:59 EST 2013

On 1/29/13, John Tierney <jtis4stx at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,

LTNS John - I've long been AFK re: this place. Because I recall your
technology advocacy in the metro Detroit school systems, I wanted to
share with you an essay I wrote in the middle of last year. While
Sugar is aimed at K-6 (especially developing world?) students, my
essay examines the application of netbooks to developed world high
school education, especially STEM subjects. A key point it makes is
that by enabling "flip teaching," computers might finally overturn the
pertinent and painful accusation by Stanford's Emeritus Professor
Cuban that "The Laptop Revolution Has No Clothes."

I could have simply contacted you directly by e-mail alone, but I
thought that using this Sugar Labs mailing list would let folks
interested in K-6 see if anything I wrote might enlighten what they
are doing, too. Look here:
http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Education/HCHSnetbooks/

Ron