[Marketing] Google Code In (GCI) PR status

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 02:50:53 EST 2013

We have a decision to make:

* Publish our PR on the wire and our website simultaneously with
Google announcement (blog posting). As this is scheduled for 10:00 AM
PST on Feb. 4th, if we go this route deadline is noon Friday EST and
there will be a $50 planning charge (this applies when PR goes out at
a time other than the 8:30AM batch).

* Publish our PR on our website simultaneously with Google, but send
it onto the wire the following morning. In this case deadline is noon
on Monday the 4th.

I am leaning towards the second option, which saves some money, gives
us three extra days for editing & translations, and removes any risk
of violating the Google news blackout prior to their announcement.

I haven't written a draft yet, I need to be briefed by Chris first; I
should have a first draft Wednesday at the end of the day or Thursday
at the latest.

Sean.