[Marketing] The somewhat cheekily named One Tablet PC per Child (OTPC) at CES2013

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Jan 10 19:11:17 EST 2013

Hey Gary,

thanks for the link.

It's my understanding that the OTPC name originated in Thailand rather than
with this Shenzen manufacturer.

Aside of that I've heard that the number is actually closer to 800,000
rather than 900,000 units. But I might know more about what's going on in
Thailand in a couple of weeks. ;-)

Cheers,
Christoph

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 10:49 PM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com>wrote:

> Just spotted the the somewhat cheekily named/branded One Tablet PC per
> Child (OTPC) in my youtube feed at CES 2013.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD5v5BdekEI
>
> We speak with Jun Liu, CEO of Shenzhen Scope, about their education tablet
> project -- One Tablet PC per Child (OTPC) -- in Thailand . Shenzhen Scope
> has deployed 900,000 OTPC units to the primary schools in Thailand in 2012,
> these products are powered by Rockchip's SoC chip, which is based on the
> ARM Cortex-A8 processor.
>
> Regards,
> --Gary

Christoph Derndorfer