[Marketing] [IAEP] Video player for wiki.sugarlabs.org

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Thu Nov 10 00:06:42 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 23:17 -0500, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> Try tweaking the URL for XOs to use the olpc.dailymotion.com domain.
>
> The interface will scale itself down to make it XO-1 compatible.
>
> For example, in this case: http://olpc.dailymotion.com/sugarlabs

It works! It uses neither flash, nor html5: the video plays in the Totem
plugin.

But... only very few videos are available. Probably, only those that
have been uploaded in the ogg-theora format. I'm sure Totem could play
also the other videos because I added all the patent-encumbered codecs.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team