[Marketing] Stickers, shirts & other merchandiseil

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Tue May 3 23:34:58 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 03:27 +0100, Gary Martin wrote:

> To get the ball rolling again on this I've tried to pull together the
> various t-shirt designs I have floating about so far onto one page. It
> includes a tidy up of the Activity logo surrounded by its name in
> different languages (if there's no strong objection to this design I'd
> like to do this for a few more activities, say Turtle Art/Blocks,
> Write, Paint, <insert your fav activity here>). Feedback welcome:
>
> 	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/T-Shirt
>
> I've linked to it from the Marketing_Team/Swag page.
>
> Another likely design is the Sugar Labs logo, large across the front,
> with a few activities and users casually positioned about (booth
> banner/neighbourhood view like).

Gray, these designs are just AMAZING!

We've already started printing 50 shirts all with the same design, but I
bet they'll run out quick.

Dogi expressed interest in setting up shop.sugarlabs.org as a part-time
business. Perhaps we could find an agreement with him to donate a
certain percentage of the profits to Sugar Labs.

As for me, I'm going to sell the first batch at T-shirts at cost + a
voluntary donation to Sugar Labs. If the volumes became interesting, we
could think of a better way to handle it, but I doubt they'll ever
become interesting: the FSF, with over 5000 members, sells barely enough
to justify the operating costs of the online shop.

--
Bernie Innocenti
Sugar Labs Infrastructure Team