[Marketing] Stickers, shirts & other merchandiseil

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Tue May 3 22:27:06 EDT 2011

On 29 Apr 2011, at 09:32, Sean DALY wrote:

> Hi Bernie
>
> I don't remember seeing your message in the queue but will whitelist
> that address when I find it
>
> Yes by all means sticker or t-shirt, merchandising has been on the
> back burner between the Marketlab study, websites work and
> Slipstream/UY press release but it's next on the list
>
> I would suggest instead of a Home View what we did with Gary &
> Christian for the posters & rollup banners
> (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Booth_Banners) which is
> Learners around the world. This graphic is cleaner than Home View
> icons, universally understandable, and keeps Sugar's iconic ring in
> the branding. The PDFs on that page are vector, it should be possible
> to lift out the ring.
>
> Beyond the Learners/world ring our objective with merchandising is to
> spotlight Activities since Learners spend their time there. Gary
> recently worked up a draft with each Activity logo surrounded by its
> name in many languages; this reinforces our international presence. A
> cool idea was to place the text "a sugar activity" on the back of the
> shirt, sugar sugarized and the other words VAR Rounded Light grey as
> on the posters/rollup.

To get the ball rolling again on this I've tried to pull together the various t-shirt designs I have floating about so far onto one page. It includes a tidy up of the Activity logo surrounded by its name in different languages (if there's no strong objection to this design I'd like to do this for a few more activities, say Turtle Art/Blocks, Write, Paint, <insert your fav activity here>). Feedback welcome:

	http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/T-Shirt

I've linked to it from the Marketing_Team/Swag page.

Another likely design is the Sugar Labs logo, large across the front, with a few activities and users casually positioned about (booth banner/neighbourhood view like).

Regards,
--Gary