[Marketing] [IAEP] planet.sugarlabs.org html/css redesign

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Jan 31 16:27:43 EST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 09:25 +0100, Sean DALY wrote:
> I can't assist with CSS, but what would be helpful would be to make
> the changes I suggested back in 2009 [1].

Searching for "sugar planet" now returns the planet as first result both
in Google and in Duckduckgo. It's still a low hit for "sugar blogs" or
"sugar labs blogs".

> Developers know what a planet is and does, but to anyone else, it's
> not clear at all that sugarlabs.org is not the original publisher of
> the blog posts.

Right, but I'd rather not *tell* that explicitly with a blurb at the
top. What the planet is about should be obvious from its content and
presentation. See for example: olpcnews.com or slashdot.org.

Perhaps we could have a small subtitle:

  Sugar Planet - news from sugar users around the world

or even something more subtle:

  Sugar Planet - sweet news from the world

> I still have no idea if updated blog posts are re-aggregated to the
> planet or not.

Yes, every hour a cronjob polls all the feeds and regenerates the
planet.