[Marketing] Pictures of kids using Sugar or SoaS

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Jan 28 18:18:04 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 23:44 +0100, Sean DALY wrote:
> Bernie - let's not rush into choices for marketing photos... we may
> prefer shots with a teacher (our main target) accompanying a child, or
> several children using different laptops (XO / Dell 2100 / Classmate).
> The best way to choose great photos is to have a large number to start
> with.

Yup. It might also be a good idea to cycle between multiple photos, like
many corporate sites do.

> Mike's flickr stream has lots of great photos and he has previously
> said we could use them. That particular shot however was seen by the
> press two years ago. Let's see if Mike and others can help us with new
> shots! Before that we need to digest the Marketlab team's
> recommendations.

Good point, although both me and Walter had never seen that particular
shot, so will probably be novelty to most visitors.

Instead, I've seen this other one a lot:

  http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/c32f9fb5-15da-4ab1-9c50-5d701c060c92/7140.sugar-stick-photo.jpg