[Marketing] [IAEP] Tests of applications on booted Trisquel 4.1 sugar installed to a 8Gb USB (2nd version 02/18/2011)

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 15:16:16 EST 2011

Hi Bernie we are working on getting a French variant of Tom's image
working for a charitable foundation project

I am personally convinced VMs are the way forward for solving our
ease-of-installation teacher demo problem, but not everyone is (cf
last marketing meeting [1]). Oracle (ex-Sun) VirtualBox has perfect
licensing for us  - we can distribute installers for nonprofit
educational uses, which means a single Zip file with VirtualBox
installer, image, parameter file, and instructions PDF

This also means we can prepare versions already set up with
es/fr/it/de languages/keyboards too, but that implies some
organisation of course

Priority right now is getting website revamp underway, then Uruguay
Garmin-Cervelo race sponsorship, then "product" marketing later when
we've had more time for QA and determine next steps for SoaS

Sean

[1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2011-February/003188.html