[Marketing] Sugar Labs Marketing Meeting - debrief

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:36:32 EST 2011

Marketers, we had a long but interesting meeting today.

The log is here:
http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2011-02-15T15:05:53

I invite you to visit the MIT Sloan Marketlab study wiki:
https://sites.google.com/site/marketlabsugar/

and the survey data summary:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxtYXJrZXRsYWJzdWdhcnxneDo2MDg3NzYzOGVmZTE2YTli&pli=1

This insightful study has identified a key problem which discourages
teachers - our website (www.sugarlabs.org) is not as inviting and easy
to use as it should be. This aggravates the difficulty of downloading,
installing, and configuring Sugar to try it (no one from the Marketlab
team succeeded in that by the way).

The time has come to revamp the site and we are fortunate to have
recently received an offer of pro bono web design services.

We would like to complement the design firm with students (to be
recruited through professors), with a panel of teachers from the
community (or not) as betatesters, and of course with Christian's help
to keep the branding on track.

For action, I will set up a conference call with the design firm and
John Tierney so we can better understand how they can help us.

We will orient our next PR away from software (or "product") for now
and towards our education mission when the Garmin-Cervelo U23 (under
23) bike team will race in Uruguay from March 25-31. That deadline is
fast approaching, I propose we discuss that opportunity more in depth
next week.

Many issues were explored during this meeting, I invite you to look
over the log please.

thanks