[Marketing] Linuxtag 2011 - May 11 to 14 - Berlin, Germany

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Feb 4 10:05:33 EST 2011

On 01/21/2011 02:11 AM, Raffael Reichelt wrote:
> "LinuxTag is the most important place for Linux and open source
> software in Europe. The 17th LinuxTag presents all the latest for
> professional users, decision makers, developers, beginners and the
> Linux community — May 11 to 14 at the Berlin Fairgrounds. LinuxTag is
> organized by the LinuxTag Association in partnership with Messe Berlin
> GmbH."
>
> As Simon Schampijer cannot afford the time this year I volunteer to
> organize sugarlabs presence at Linuxtag 2011, May 11 to 14 in Berlin,
> Germany. If agreed, I will apply for a project booth with
> linuxtag.org.
>
> As far as I can see schedule for Fedora 15 Final Release is 2011-5-10.
> Does it make sense to announce V5? Is someone willing to volunteer for
> a speech? Last year Sebastian spoke and generally I think it is a
> perfect way to get some awareness for sugar.
>

> Regards,
> Raffael

Thanks Raffael for stepping up!

I would create a wiki page [1] to gather the information and the
interested parties can then indicate their attendance and in which ways
they can/want to contribute. Best is to reach out another time on the
olpc-de mailing list as those are likely to be your audience.

 From my experience it might take a while until people decide if they
attend or not - a lot of people make last minute decisions - so be
prepared for that :)

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Events/LinuxTag2010