[Marketing] [support-gang] Catchy OLPC Infographic by Jeff Shin [75329]

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 01:11:15 EST 2011

http://activities.sugarlabs.org/On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Adam Holt <
holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> {...}

Lionel/SJ & All, beware OLPC France has competition now -- please feel free
> to contact Jeff to tidy up a bit certain errors, as his is even more
> unofficial than yours :-))
> http://olpc-france.org/download/XO_Directions.pdf
>

>   Subject: [laptop.org #75329] OLPC Infographic  Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011
> 21:47:33 -0500  From: Jeffery Shin via RT <jefferyshin at gmail.com><jefferyshin at gmail.com>  To:
> content at laptop.org
>
> Hi there,
>
> I made an infographic on Illustrator regarding OLPC, so it can be displayed
> at my school, and so that more people would know what OLPC was.
>
> Hopefully you guys like it, you can click on the image for a bigger version,
> and if you'd like, I can send a full (300ppi) version of it as well.
> http://jefferyshin.com/post/3097679852/olpc
>
> Cheers for all your great work,
>
> Jeff Shinhttp://jefferyshin.com

A *Sugar* companion to this would be very valuable.

One could show

Sugar's 5 core principles:

 Sugar's founding principles:

   - everyone is a teacher and a learner
   - humans by their nature are social beings
   - humans by their nature are expressive
   - we learn through doing, and
   - love is a better master than duty

Highlight graphical elements of Sugar's Human Interface
Guidelines<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines>
Highlight graphical elements of the most popular Sugar
Activities<http://activities.sugarlabs.org/>

The history of Sugar and Activities development:

   1. graphically highlighting the number of Activities available and
   downloaded.
   2. The operating systems supported (where Sugar can be run)
   3. The operating system features added

Teacher participation in Sugar learning, http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Blogs

All helping to recognize the Learners and their unique Learning software.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Website

           --Fred