[Marketing] Stickers, shirts & other merchandiseil

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 04:32:32 EDT 2011

Hi Bernie

I don't remember seeing your message in the queue but will whitelist
that address when I find it

Yes by all means sticker or t-shirt, merchandising has been on the
back burner between the Marketlab study, websites work and
Slipstream/UY press release but it's next on the list

I would suggest instead of a Home View what we did with Gary &
Christian for the posters & rollup banners
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Booth_Banners) which is
Learners around the world. This graphic is cleaner than Home View
icons, universally understandable, and keeps Sugar's iconic ring in
the branding. The PDFs on that page are vector, it should be possible
to lift out the ring.

Beyond the Learners/world ring our objective with merchandising is to
spotlight Activities since Learners spend their time there. Gary
recently worked up a draft with each Activity logo surrounded by its
name in many languages; this reinforces our international presence. A
cool idea was to place the text "a sugar activity" on the back of the
shirt, sugar sugarized and the other words VAR Rounded Light grey as
on the posters/rollup.

What would be great would be for someone have printed at least one
poster or banner to put up there...

Sean