[Marketing] [Systems] Wiki: Search text entry missing

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Sep 17 04:21:21 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 22:23 -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:

> According to
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Skin_configuration#Set_a_Default_Skin_for_a_Wiki,
>
> To change all existing users' skin settings, use the userOptions.php
> maintenance script. The syntax to use on the command line would be:
>
> $ php userOptions.php skin --old <old skin name> --new <new skin name>
>
> Example:
>
> $ php userOptions.php skin --old "monobook" --new "modern"
> But since ShikiWiki is currently working in MediaWiki 1.16 r71885, I
> would keep it as an option for people to choose.  At the point in time
> that it fails, we can decide to rebase it on the Vector code,
> decommission it, or leave it for a upgrade project for any interested
> party.

Ok, ShikiWiki still works, but it hides half of the new usability
features of 1.16. It also looks ugly by contemporary canons of web
aesthetics :-)

Let's keep it around a while longer in case someone still likes it...

> According to the Sugar Labs Graphic identity,
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Logo#Sugar_Graphic_Identity,
>
> "The logo can sit either on a white or black background, and the color
> combinations change order based on the background--against a white
> background the outline color around "sugar" is always lighter than the
> fill color, while against a black background the outline color is
> darker than the fill color."
>
> The gray letters over the Vector gray background might not look right.
> Perhaps we can create a fade to gray border, like the Vector tab
> treatment, to make the logo image fit in better with Vector.

Can you take care of this? I'm not good with graphics. If you need help,
I think Christian would be the right person to ask.