[Marketing] [FM Discuss] Group name for our FLOSS Manuals

Cesar Ballardini cesar at ballardini.com.ar
Fri Nov 26 10:39:03 EST 2010

2010/11/26 adam <adam at xs4all.nl>:
> the software has already been written...tags are possible if you want to
> dev it :)
>
> adam

January is vacation time.  I don't do any promess, but I can take a
look at it.  I need to do some programming to grease the neurons.

Thank you for the offer!

> On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 12:10 -0300, Cesar Ballardini wrote:
>> 2010/11/24 James Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com>:
>> > FLOSS Manuals is going to migrate the manuals to new software called
>> > Booki.  In that software related books are put into Groups.  The
>> > question is, what Group name should be used for our FLOSS Manuals?
>> >
>> > I would be happy with "One Laptop Per Child" myself, but I'm not the
>> > only author so we should try and come to some kind of consensus.  We
>> > could have more than one Group too, I suppose.  You can't have nested
>> > Groups, and we don't have that many books, so I like the idea of
>> > putting them all together under "One Laptop Per Child".
>>

>> Maybe "Tags" is a better idea than "Groups".
>>
>> Tags that came to mind:
>>  * user manual
>>  * couse material
>>  * dev manual
>>  * olpc
>>  * thunderbird
>>  * games
>>  * audio
>>  * vídeo
>>  * mail
>>  * protocol
>>  * ...
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
>> Cheers.

It's not enough to teach students to surf the Net, we must teach them to
make waves. My pedagogical theory is relate, create, donate, which
suggests that students work in teams, create ambitious projects and then
donate these to people who can use and build upon them. --Ben Shneiderman