[Marketing] Linuxtag Berlin 2010

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Wed May 26 13:53:29 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes Sebastian - we should brief them, but that means we shouldn't send
> press-release style text; we should mail them individually and offer
> background. In this case, the background is the team behind SoaS. Of
> course, we should include a link to your blog post, and a link to the
> press page (http://www.sugarlabs.org/press) wouldn't hurt, either.

Alright, this sounds perfectly reasonable to me! I'd be happy to be
available for an interview and I bet the others are, too, so I think
it's just a matter of writing these notes up and getting them out.

I believe this to happen by Friday morning to make sure we still get
the initial push from the release, though. I will be happy to do this,
if nothing else.

> Journalists are briefed all the time and often, they don't respond for
> months but the day they write an article you see briefing matter pop
> up.
>
> We can reduce the risk of negative publicity with a LinuxTag media
> launch, which will give us time to find something newsworthy to
> associate with Mirabelle, and prepare a spotlight for you and the
> other SoaS team members. We could also put together a new beauty shot.

Yeah, I think a PR with LinuxTag would be good.

--Sebastian