[Marketing] Linuxtag Berlin 2010

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Wed May 26 07:27:22 EDT 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sebastian, I'm sorry, you know very well I object since we discussed
> it at length in yesterday's marketing meeting.

Uh? I'm a little surprised, because you said that you liked the idea
of briefing tech journalists. As explained in my previous email, I
believe it'd be helpful to start building momentum with this release
yesterday and take it from there, possibly with PR around LinuxTag.

> There is a real risk of damage if tech journalists start asking
> questions about why Sugar on a Stick's orientation was changed so
> radically. The journalists you named all know what Sugar on a Stick is
> already.

But they don't know about Mirabelle yet.

> You, Peter, Mel and the others have done fantastic engineering work,
> let's build on that. We need to make recruitment a top priority - the
> more said about the team instead of SoaS the better.
>
> If anyone from Fedora marketing wants to help as I've read yesterday
> and today, I'm open to ideas. However, it really doesn't serve us to
> be presented as a variant of a Fedora release. A media launch at
> LinuxTag, with a focus on the SoaS team, your talk, and newsworthy
> content, will serve us far better.

I feel this is an opportunity and am looking forward to discussing
this! LinuxTag starts at June 9, so it might make sense to have
something for one of the early days, since we could announce something
"at LinuxTag" and still attract visitors to the booth (Simon: you did
awesome work there!). But... uh, that's me just thinking out loud. :-)

--Sebastian