[Marketing] [SoaS] SoaS 3 (Mirabelle) release 5/25 & publicity/recruitment plans

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue May 25 05:34:58 EDT 2010

Martin - I'm not worried about developers trying Sugar, they can
figure it out. I'm worried about teachers doing so. The devil is in
the details of course. I agree that the splintered e-book reader
Activities situation doesn't help us, and iffy Record too. But these
are symptoms of our limited resources. We need to recruit and
developers are tough to target. We've spent time overcoming negative
perceptions inherited from OLPC, but there are signs that tide has
turned.

I understand why you're suspicious of marketing. The perceptions
business seems weird to most down-to-earth developers, who like any
group consider themselves typical and don't like marketing messages
meant for other targets. Reaching teachers about what we offer is a
challenge.

Sean