[Marketing] SoaS 3 (Mirabelle) release 5/25 & publicity/recruitment plans

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Sun May 23 20:28:18 EDT 2010

So I've been accepted to GSoC and will spend my summer - starting on
Monday - making Sugar on a Stick even more awesome
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2010/Improved_Sugar_on_a_Stick).

First business: as SoaS v.3.0 Mirabelle nears its release date
(Tuesday, May 25), it's time to gear up for publicity for the release
- this is not necessarily a one-time blast thing, but a consistent
message of some sort (mostly geared towards recruitment) that will go
out throughout the month of June (and possibly afterwards as well).

Here's a short outline of what I'm thinking about writing up for the
announcement - let me know if you can think of anything that is
missing.

* overview of SoaS
** as a project (goals)
** as a product (technical)
* changes since the last release
** activity selection
** focus on sustainability
*** Fedora Spin
** focus on deployability
* next steps
** targets for v.4.0
*** activity selection criteria
*** deployment feedback loop
** how to get involved

And here's the list of people that I'm planning on sending it to when it's done.

I'd also like to brief the folks at Ars Technica and Wired, as well as
the Spiegel, in advance and ask whether they would be up for an
interview.

xconomy - wade roush
arstechnica - ryan paul
desktoplinux - eric brown