[Marketing] [IAEP] SoaS change of direction: heads-up on convos in other lists

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 06:26:32 EDT 2010

The problem with this approach is that it renders SoaS ineffective for
new tryers of Sugar (i.e. the overwhelming majority of teachers and
parents we are trying to reach).

As SoaS is the pillar of our marketing strategy, this means cancelling
the planned SoaS media campaign in May. No big deal, since we are not
far along in the campaign planning and we have another campaign in the
pipeline. SoaS version numbers are tied to the media campaigns (cf.
[1]), so the next promotable version (Cloudberry in the fall) should
be v3.

We can position this release (Mirabelle) as a maintenance release and
concentrate on developer recruitment instead.

Sean

[1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2009-September/002049.html