[Marketing] Hacking with Sugar in Paraguay

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Mar 3 17:35:58 EST 2010

Hello,

yesterday I gave a presentation at the local university with the  the
goal of motivating some students computer science to start hacking on
Sugar and their professors to follow the lead of RIT and UCC:

  http://codewiz.org/wiki/blog/2010/03

I think there was a lot of enthusiasm and participation. Within two
weeks, we'll meet again with a CS professor to define a possible track.

It would be great if I could get to see a syllabus and any teaching
materials used in the past. Are students creating new activities or
enhancing existing ones? Do they also hack on core Sugar code?

What are the most critical things to teach them before they can get
started? I would expect jhbuild and git to be the hardest things to
learn.