[Marketing] Linuxtag --- Summary

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Jun 16 12:44:30 EDT 2010

Hi,

just a few words on what worked out well and what did not at Linuxtag.

* Balloons: Having the booth equipped with balloons is great! It makes
it well visible, you have something to hand out and it fits well with
the Sugar itself.

* Flyers: we used the same flyers we had last year. Good flyers are a
must have for every booth. [1]

* XOs, Sugar machine: It is great to have XOs at the booth. They are
still a big attraction. However it makes sense to have other machines
around running Sugar to make that clear (we had one big non XO machine
with Sugar).

* Sugar on a Stick: We did not manage to have Sticks available in time.
The once I have ordered I had difficulties flashing them. I think
selling sticks at the booth for a fair price is a great thing. From
asking people, they seem to be happy to pay 10-20 Euros for it.

Sean, thanks for the banner from last year. It served very well at this
years Linuxtag, too.

Thanks to everyone involved,
    Simon

[1]