[Marketing] [IAEP] OLPC rules out Windows for XO-3

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Jun 8 10:32:56 EDT 2010

Hi,

   > What's the plan for the boot loader, is it planned to use OF
   > still and port it to the ARM platform or is it planned to use one
   > of the more mainline ARM bootloaders such as uboot or the like.

Right now we're using uboot, but the plan is to port and continue
using OFW.  (OFW is already running on ARM, so the only porting
needed is for our devices and board setup.)

   > Also what's the plan with the virtual keyboard support in
   > sugar. It might be worth looking at the MeeGo/Moblin based VKB
   > stuff as a basis.  Its skinnable and supported various inputs via
   > scim and integrates with that. Let me know if you need more info
   > as I've been packaging some of this up in Fedora as part of my
   > work with the aforementioned UIs in Fedora.

We don't have a plan yet, but I think VKB just became the top
candidate.  :)  The MeeGo UI looks interesting in general, I've
been wondering which API it's using to handle multitouch input.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child