[Marketing] [Systems] Syndication Request for SugarLabs

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Jun 7 19:01:07 EDT 2010

El Sun, 06-06-2010 a las 19:41 +0200, Tomeu Vizoso escribió:

> It has been mentioned before in the marketing meetings that our planet
> software is lousy, would be a nice topic for the future community team
> to discuss better ways to aggregate the voices of Sugar contributors,
> automatic or not.

I also think the current planet is quite crappy, this is why I was
looking for someone with more time to take it over.

Not long ago, I switched from planetplanet to planetvenus, which is very
similar, but slightly better and has an active upstream.

With some css + template work, we could make our planet look a lot
nicer. For example, like this: http://planet.fedoraproject.org/

If we want people to post comments, etc... then we'd have to switch to a
different application. Sebastian Silva is setting up a wordpress-mp
instance for http://somosazucar.org/ . I'm afraid we can't have both the
features of Wordpress and those of an RSS aggregator in a single
application.