[Marketing] deadline for Mirabelle media launch PR is tonight 6PM EST... if we can agree what will be in it

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 14:33:53 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sebastian has asked that the SoaS Creation Kit be renamed since it is
> not part of the Fedora Sugar on a Stick project. Tom has gone with
> "Sugar Creation Kit" which has the merit of avoiding an acronym ;-)
>
> However, as the entire purpose and goal of the kit is to simplify the
> creation of Sugar on a Stick, it's problematic to drop that part. And,
> considering the DVD label is done and discussions about the kit's
> contents with the former name have been ongoing for some time, it's a
> bit late to change the name.
>
> This problem is symptomatic of the potential confusion of a Sugar Labs
> project seemingly turning into something else. We want to tak about
> both Mirabelle and the Creation Kit in the LinuxTag PR. I propose to
> have a draft ready in a few hours, will send GoogleDocs link as usual.
> Input appreciated.

The problem I have with the use of SoaS creation kit is that its
somewhat of a completely different beast and includes all sorts of
other non official remix style .iso that aren't the official release
of SoaS. So it really is a Sugar creation kit and not a SoaS creation
Kit. So its not juist a creation kit for the current Mirrabelle
release but a whole mix of things, that in itself creates confusions.

Peter