[Marketing] SoaS Creation Kit09 Usability

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 19:23:23 EDT 2010

Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:57:05 -0700
From: satellit at bendbroadband.com
To: jtis4stx at hotmail.com
CC: soas at lists.sugarlabs.org; marketing at lists.sugarlabs.org
Subject: Re: SoaS Creation Kit09 Usability

>Saturday would work for me.

>I am in Oregon so somewhere near 1500 UTC  (7amPST) Saturday is fine.

>Let me know by e-mail if this is convent.

Hi Tom,

Saturday 1500 UTC will work. When I convert that to Detroit EST that comes
out at 11am EST. Think its because we have daylight savings time in effect now.

Does 11am EST work for you(Is that 7am PST or 8am PST this time of year?)

Thanks!

John Tierney

John Tierney wrote:

  Hi Thomas,

I have had chance to Burn and look at SoaS Creation Kit09. Since I
handed out version07 to the Computers & Writing Group I was hoping
to supply them with an image of the additions and changes that went
into Version09.

Thought it might be good idea to meet on IRC #sugar-meeting sometime
in next few days to go through whats in place and add in any additional
instructions and guidance that might help the less technical.

I'm pretty open Friday, Saturday, Sunday during day 11am-6pm EST if
any of those times might work for you,

Saturday would work for me.

I am in Oregon so somewhere near 1500 UTC  (7amPST) Saturday is fine.

Let me know by e-mail if this is convent.

(I am retired so I can meet at another time if it works better for you.)

1-)

Did you see that I just did a Mirabelle-Remix?

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/Mirabelle-Remix-pl--LiveCD.iso

With these programs added to the build:

*deja-dup

*duplicity

*gparted

*gedit

*liveusb-creator

*zyx-liveinstaller

(Allows creation of (live/non-live)USB  from the booted CD)

2-)

Note the file on the DVD

 How to make your own custom iso file.pdf

Shows how you can customize it to suit your needs.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Tom Gilliard

Bend, Oregon

satellit

  if not please suggest and I will
try to work around.

You have done a Great Job putting these pieces of the puzzle in place,
with a little polishing we will have a True Tool to turn people into Sugar
Enablers. The great thing about the DVD is after you receive it and
copy files to your computer becoming a Sugar on a Stick Creation Station,
you can pass it on to others, encouraging them to do the same.

Thanks So Much!
John Tierney