[Marketing] [SLOBS] [SLOBs] Scenarios for licensing our trademarks

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 10:44:24 EST 2010

That works fine with honest folk, but what about the company that
wishes to use the marks aggressively, as a selling point, without
providing any support? Or the person who promises to respect GPL and
CC licenses, then turns around and adds Flash binaries to a Sugar
image? Or the guy who claims he sent in an e-mail and never did, uses
the marks and tells the press we never answer our e-mail? It's because
not everyone is well-intentioned (unfortunately) that we need to
explicitly grant a revocable license through direct contact, for a
defined period wiith a renewal mechanism.

Sean