[Marketing] [SLOBs] Scenarios for licensing our trademarks

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 18:16:10 EST 2010

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Trademark_case_studies

At the most recent Oversight Board meeting, I communicated my
dissatisfaction with our current draft - I am not yet fully confident
in it.

More specifically, I feel certain cases are not covered.

We agreed to do the exercise of enumerating scenarios and describing
how our trademark policy could work.

The objective is both to protect and nurture the Sugar Labs marks, and
to encourage partners to market products with our marks, raising
awareness.

Please look over this page and comment. When we are clear about what
we want, the SFC will assist us with the legal language. And, this
page will be the basis of our FAQ explaining typical cases for
potential licensees.

thanks