[Marketing] ZDnet article: "Is Linux doomed to the server room in schools?"

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:31:25 EST 2010

:-)

The writer gets all our PR and has previously mentioned Sugar in a
positive light. He really likes Ubuntu and is familiar with Apple too.

He usually writes about kids on the older side or beyond of Sugar's
market, but is interested in the Classmate PC (he was the only blogger
invited to Intel's worldwide partner meeting a few months back).

He didn't respond to my previous ping, but that's the case for many
journalists, including some who months later call up out of the blue
several hours before deadline.

There's a reason we never mention "Linux" in our marketing - it can't
help, but it can hurt, since it's not at all clear to nongeeks (and
even some geeks) what "Linux" means. We are building the Sugar brand
instead. Tech journalists figure out that Sugar runs over GNU/Linux
and mention that sometimes.

Sean