[Marketing] Donate button

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Dec 30 13:40:41 EST 2010

(dropping Matt off the cc list, as he asked not to be dragged in a long
thread)

On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 19:17 +0100, Sean DALY wrote:
> However, the button will need some work to be "Sugarized" with our
> font (VAG Rounded Light) and colors.

If we are to respect the licensing restrictions of VAG Rounded Light, we
can't give a copy to Matt. Even if we could, I'm pretty sure Matt would
not want to use a proprietary font.

Who else could do this work?

> I think a small banner format like the 120x90 ad we did on FOSS sites
> a year ago through Ad Bard would work better (attached)

Ok with me.

> Christian, have you had a chance to consider Bernie's proposal
> concerning the static intro site and git? On topic as well, the MIT
> Sloan students are winding up their marketing study in a couple of
> weeks and they have given an initial briefing concerning our
> website(s). Which I missed unfortunately, but John Tierney rebriefed
> me. We may want to start thinking about a revamp in that context.

+1, I also think the static website needs to be revamped after 2 years.