[Marketing] Donate button

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 13:17:08 EST 2010

I agree that donations should be encouraged... sometimes
"microdonations" turn into "macrodonations" as OLPC France happily
discovered last week.

However, the button will need some work to be "Sugarized" with our
font (VAG Rounded Light) and colors.

I think a small banner format like the 120x90 ad we did on FOSS sites
a year ago through Ad Bard would work better (attached)

Christian, have you had a chance to consider Bernie's proposal
concerning the static intro site and git? On topic as well, the MIT
Sloan students are winding up their marketing study in a couple of
weeks and they have given an initial briefing concerning our
website(s). Which I missed unfortunately, but John Tierney rebriefed
me. We may want to start thinking about a revamp in that context.

thanks

Sean