[Marketing] Sugar in the news: picked up by BBC, AFP, IDG, eGov, Crunchgear, Boston Globe, Heise (DE), People's Daily (CN), UNIC Rio (BR), DigitalTrends, Daily Monitor (UG)

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 17:27:52 EDT 2010

As our press release today was parallel to OLPC's and many journalists
consulted both, I am including links to articles which cite OLPC but
not Sugar by name. Also, yesterday's announcement by OLPC concerning
the Memorandum of Understanding with the East African Community was
often folded into the Palestine Territories coverage, so I will link
to some of those too.

Some errors occurred (the Boston Globe found an extra 10 million XOs,
IDG said Activities are Windows-compatible) but most coverage has been
positive.

An encouraging step: OLPC has agreed to cite Sugar in their
communications going forward, which will be helpful.

BBC (1): One Laptop per Child targets Middle East and E Africa
BBC (2): One Laptop Per Child reaches Gaza Strip

AFP (via YNet): UN to distribute 200,000 laptops to Gaza refugees
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3882775,00.html

IDG: UN to Buy 500,000 OLPC Laptops for Palestinian Children; the
laptops will run Sugar, not Windows, marking a return to OLPC's roots
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/195240/un_to_buy_500000_olpc_laptops_for_palestinian_children.html
http://www.itworld.com/hardware/106222/un-buy-500000-olpc-laptops-palestinian-children

eGov Monitor: 500,000 Palestinian Children To Receive Laptops - A
Collaboration Between UN And One Laptop per Child (OLPC)
http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/36068

Crunchgear: OLPC gets a boost: 500,000 units ordered by U.N. for
Palestinian children
http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/04/29/olpc-gets-a-boost-500000-units-ordered-by-u-n-for-palestinian-children/

Boston Globe: OLPC aims to send 30m laptops to African students
http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2010/04/one_laptop_per_12.html

Heise (DE): OLPC-Laptops für ostafrikanische und palästinensische Kinder
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/OLPC-Laptops-fuer-ostafrikanische-und-palaestinensische-Kinder-990195.html

DigitalTrends: OLPC Inks Deals in Africa, Middle East
http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/olpc-inks-deals-in-africa-middle-east/

People's Daily (CN): UNRWA distributes laptops to Palestinian school children
http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90783/91321/6968177.html

UNIC Rio (BR): Crianças palestinas recebem computadores de parceiro da ONU
http://unicrio.org.br/?p=579

Daily Monitor (UG): EAC adopts one laptop per child initiative
http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/909080/-/wy23nk/-/