[Marketing] Pictures of XO-1 in tablet mode needed

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 15:07:52 EDT 2010

Mike,

The book "Abroad" would be the best, using either the PDF or DJVU file
with the Read Activity.  It's a kid's book and very colorful.  You
might put the Activity in full screen mode and definitely the screen
should be rotated so the book page fits vertically on the screen.

http://www.archive.org/details/abroadcranethoma00craniala

I might try to do a picture like this myself, just the XO on a white
background with a page from "Abroad" on display.  The problem would be
dealing with the glare on the screen.  I would guess that in the shots
for the XO-3 the screen image was faked to avoid this problem.  Not to
mention that the author of "Where The Wild Things Are" would have to
be dead for 90 years before that book could legally be read on any XO
and he seems to be still among the living.

If your XO has a new enough version of Sugar that Read supports DJVU
then go with that format.  "Abroad" needs a lot of memory in PDF
format.

I don't really care if the XO is a 1.0 or a 1.5.

On the XO-3 pictures in the Gizmodo article, they must have been
created by OLPC.  Would it be allowed to use some of them in the book?

Thanks,

James Simmons